About Me

I'm Renee! I live in a cute little town in Western Australia where I let my imagination flow. I'm a jewellery designer/metalsmith, which I am fortunate is not only my occupation but also my passion! Here you will see my work and my other joys. :)

Join Newsletter


We respect your time & privacy.

Cocoa Pod Live

MOTL
©2008 Cocoa Pod

Wednesday 6 February 2008

Copper + Desk

Yesterday was hot so I slacked a bit, but today it is such a contrast - it's raining! We're in the middle of summer... er.

Nothing exciting to report, apart from my copper order arriving today, already made a few earrings and bracelets with them! So much for my "not making anything until studio is organized" rule. Clean, make something, make something, clean... one step forward, two steps backwards. I guess that is what happens when you don't do written agreements. ;)

This weekend I think I will paint the studio's door a bright white, as I am sick of cream and if I have time I will finish off my desk makeover (staining it chestnut - yum!) . Speaking of my desk, I bought it from our local market just when I thought there was no such thing as a perfect desk. Solid wood, a stack of draws on either side, shelves above the spacious (at the moment) worktop and best of all a rolling top (!!! hides messes!). Guess how much I bought it for. Clue is it is over $40 and under $60! :p

That's it for now. I'll have to take some photos for you. I like a visual blog, and here I am doing the opposite! Sorry!

1 comment:

MadeByAmanda said...

The desk sounds great! I love roll tops. I want to see a pic of this perfect desk.