About Me

I'm Renee! I live in a cute little town in Western Australia where I let my imagination flow. I'm a jewellery designer/metalsmith, which I am fortunate is not only my occupation but also my passion! Here you will see my work and my other joys. :)

Join Newsletter


We respect your time & privacy.

Cocoa Pod Live

MOTL
©2008 Cocoa Pod

Tuesday 18 November 2008

Where have I been?




It is 6:30. I usually wake up at 7:30, but at 6 o'clock I started thinking of all the things I need to do and that I haven't done! Don't you hate that? Well, anyways, I thought this morning was the perfect time to blog.

Good morning Starshine! The earth says "hello!" :)

I am sorry for my disappearing act! Although things have been crazy, I am alive and finally 'hacked' into my blog. I have 21 passwords, all unlike. My imagination surfs all depths.

Since I have been away here are some of things I have been up to:

1. I left WA for the first time, and on a plane too! I can say it was super fun now, but really, we went for a family emergency, and the few days that were a holiday were so disorganised it was sort out of my comfort zone. I am pleased to report that the emergency is on the mend! And Byron Bay (NSW), one of the places we visit, is now stocking a few of Cocoa Pod's wares via Studio Ravish. If you are ever there, ask for Cocoa Pod!


2. Because of the family emergency, I missed out on all the markets this year, but I am super prepared for next year. I even have what I think (*at the moment*) is a perfect display... but when the markets approach, I probably will change it completely! haha How it is now, I love it's creative dimension and elegance, but it really needs more height! Hmmm....! Whoo - watch out 2009 market elites!

3. People are still spreading the word of Cocoa Pod! Hello Australian Edge, hello Liza, hello Rae , hello Cindy, and hello the rest!

4. Perth people will be pleased to know that Precious Gifts (Midland) and Ware (Mout Lawley) is now stocking a big range of Cocoa Pod work! And a lot of the pieces found there have not entered my Website yet! I adore both stores and their owners! When all my money does not go towards Cocoa Pod, both places will be the first place to stop at.

5. I have slightly neglected my internet Cocoa Pod side by not doing many updates. Don't despair, though! I am working on a PROPER collection to be probably launched in June, with a 'proper' but little one to be launched in February. Both these will hit the website first! Collections will be launched bi-yearly, and I will be buying the supplies in bulk (if I can), so they will last a bit more than they are now.

6. The end of the year (now and next month) I am buying Cocoa Pod's 'new' and 'old' components in bulk, which is exciting, but also scary! I know I will use them all very quickly, and that is in an investment, but at the moment it feels like throwing a bunch of money in the milky wave.

7. I will be removing my work from Waroona, and possibly Beverly this month. They are lovely shops, and I am selling a bit, but I think the customers are too conservative for Cocoa Pod.

8. I have started to list a few things that are on my website on Etsy and Madeit, in prep. for the holidays.


That's all for now! I need breakfast!

Jewellery photos are from the unofficial September collection. Go to www.cocoa-pod.com to purchase.

No comments: